Aaron Friedman, M.D.
Vice President for Health Sciences
Dean, Medical School
He is the second to hold the dual position of vice president and dean of the Medical School, roles the University combined in July 2009. Prior to his current position, Friedman was head of the Department of Pediatrics, holding the Ruben-Bentson Chair since his arrival to the Medical School in 2008.
- Earned his B.S. in biology from Cornell University, and his M.D. from SUNY Upstate Medical School
- Ruben-Bentson Chair and Professor of Pediatrics for the University of Minnesota Medical School
- Pediatrician-in-Chief at the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital
- Former Director of Hasbro Children's Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island
College and school deans
- Leon Assael, D.M.D., C.M.M.
Dean, School of Dentistry
- Connie Delaney, Ph.D., R.N.
Dean, School of Nursing
- Marilyn Speedie, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Pharmacy
- John Finnegan, Jr., Ph.D.
Dean, School of Public Health
- Trevor Ames, D.V.M., M.S.
Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine