Team Science Nomination Requirements
Deadline for submission is Friday, August 3, 2018.
- For the purpose of this award, a team is comprised of a limited number of independent researchers (minimum 3 key team members) providing complementary interdisciplinary expertise, each of whom has made separate substantive and quantifiable contributions to the research being recognized. A key team member is someone who could not be easily replaced.
- The research to be recognized should reflect work toward a specific scientific goal that otherwise would not be accomplished by any single member of the team.
- The team should have a sustained history of research success.
- During the existence of the team, the key members should have shared the leadership roles.
- The key team members should have primary faculty appointments in at least two AHC colleges/schools.
- An academic unit or center per se is not eligible for this award.
- Nominations may be submitted by peers or by a team itself
- The nomination letter should describe, in no more than three pages, how the team meets the eligibility criteria and why its accomplishments are important. The nomination letter should address what is the significance and impact of the team’s accomplishments, the specific role of various members of the team, and how individual team members’ unique expertise contributed to a successful team.
- Attached to the nomination letter include a list of no more than 10 significant publications specifically produced by the team. This list should not be a compilation of publications of each key team member.
- Also attached to the nomination letter include a list of grants specifically awarded to the team. This list should not be a compilation of the grants awarded to each key team member (no page limit).
- Nominations should be sent as a single pdf to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for receipt of nominations is Friday, August 3, 2018 at 4 PM.
Review and selection
A panel of reviewers from across the AHC and University at large will be formed to evaluate and rank the nominations. The team awardee will be selected by Dean/interim VP Tolar in consultation with the AHC Deans.
For questions, contact Mark Paller, Senior Associate Vice President for Health Sciences (email@example.com).