Heart and lung health
- Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Medical School
- Integrative Biology and Physiology
- Carlson School of Management
- Medtronic Professor, Visible Heart® Research Laboratory
Paul Iaizzo, PhD, is a professor of Surgery, Integrative Biology and Physiology, and the Carlson School of Management. He is also the Medtronic Professor and principal investigator for the Visible Heart® Research Laboratory which focuses on Translational Systems Physiology. He is a Distinguished University Teaching Professor, director for Education of the Lillehei Heart Institute, and director of the Malignant Hyperthermia Muscle Biopsy Center and past associate director for Education, Institute for Engineering in Medicine, among other positions. Some of Dr. Iaizzo’s research interests include medical device design, cardiac anatomy and physiology, thermoregulation, skeletal muscle pathophysiology, ischemia protection, and black bear hibernation physiology.
- Professor of Surgery, Medical School
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Assistant Program Director, Cardiothoracic Fellowship Program
Rosemary F. Kelly, MD, is a cardiothoracic surgeon at the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview. She is also a professor of Surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, and assistant program director for the Cardiothoracic Fellowship Program. Dr. Kelly specializes in lung transplants, thoracic surgery, and cardiovascular surgery.